Skip Content

Directory of Services & Information

Name Change

Superior Court
(213) 830-0803

Mandatory Judicial Council forms are required for changing your name. To change your name by the court petition method, contact your local Superior Court clerk for the proper forms or print them from the Los Angeles County Superior Court website at You will need the Petition for Change of Name, Decree Changing Name and Order to Show Cause for Change of Name.

It is not necessary to obtain a court decree to change your name. Generally, you just start using the new name, and change every place where it appears - driver's license, bank records, Social Security, etc. However, it is illegal to change your name to hide your identity in order to commit a fraud (such as concealing the fact that you're a registered sex offender).

Women are not required to obtain an order in a divorce decree to restore their maiden names, though it may assist in keeping vital statistics straight.
Women do not need to petition for a name change upon marriage. The marriage certificate is recorded and provides any and all documentation needed to provide a record at the state and county level of the basis for the change of name. This is true whether the wife decides to adopt her husband's name, use a hyphenated name, or just keep her maiden name.

Native American Indian Comm., LA City/County

Administrative Office
3175 W. 6th St., Los Angeles 90020
Phone (213) 351-5308

The Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission provides support for a wide range of issues and activities for over 200,000 people of American Indian ancestry. This proactive organization consists of five members appointed by the Board of Supervisors, five by the Mayor of Los Angeles, and five elected in community-wide elections. The five community members, along with one City and one County appointee, comprise the Self Governance Board that administers the Community Service American Indian Block Grant.

Activities include:

· Intergovernmental legislative advocacy
· Grantsmanship
· Community education
· Lobbying for over $9 million annually in federal funding for local agency support

Natural Areas

Parks and Recreation

Deane Dana Friendship Community Regional Park Nature Center -
1805 W. 9th St., San Pedro 90732
Phone (310) 519-6115

Devil's Punchbowl Natural Area -
28000 Devil's Punchbowl Rd., Pearblossom 93553
Phone (661) 944-2743

Eaton Canyon Natural Area and Nature Center -
1750 N. Altadena Dr., Pasadena 91107
Phone (626) 398-5420

Placerita Canyon Natural Area and Nature Center -
19152 Placerita Cyn Rd., Newhall 91321
Phone (661) 259-7721

San Dimas Canyon Community Regional Natural Area and Nature Center -
1628 N. Sycamore Cyn Rd., San Dimas 91773
Phone (909) 599-7512

Santa Catalina Island Nature Center at Avalon Canyon
1202 Avalon Canyon Road, Avalon, 90704
Phone (310) 510-0954

Vasquez Rocks Natural Area and Interpretive Center -
10700 W. Escondido Cyn Rd., Agua Dulce 91390
Phone (661) 268-0840

Whittier Narrows Natural Area and Nature Center -
1000 N. Durfee Ave., South El Monte 91733
Phone (626) 575-5523

Notary Public Oath And Bond

Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk

Whether you are a new or renewing notary public, you may subscribe to your oath and file your bond and oath at the following offices of the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk: 12400 Imperial Hwy., Rm. 2001, Norwalk (562) 462-2177; 1028 W. Ave. J-2, Lancaster (661) 945-6446; 14340 W. Sylvan St., Van Nuys (818) 376-3700; or 11701 S. La Cienega Blvd., 6th FI., Los Angeles (310) 727-6142. Oath and bond registrations at the district offices are by appointment only. The fee is $41 for a one page bond and $3 for each additional page of your bond. There will be a small additional fee if the notary bond form does not comply with the existing recording law regarding form size and reservation of space.

Nursing Homes

(See Health Facilities Inspection Division)