Thank you for visiting the Los Angeles County Portal website. Our website has been designed to provide visitors on the World Wide Web
with a simple and convenient way to access information and services provided by the departments, commissions and agencies that serve Los Angeles County.
Our goal is that you find the Portal to be a valuable resource, one that is useful, informative and easy to navigate. Finding your way around a website with access to several thousands of documents is not always easy to do. The County Portal offers a number of features to assist you in finding the information you need.CONSISTENCY
– Pages have a consistent “look and feel”. You will always find the same navigation bars across the top of each page to enable easy movement throughout the website Returning to the Portal Home Page is a simple click of the County Home
– The Portal website has been organized into three major areas of information that appear as buttons in the left menu bar on the Home Page. There are also three areas that highlight breaking-news on County issues or services, quick links to commonly-needed resources, and featured links to new websites. Refer to HOW TO USE
for more detail on the structure of the Portal.PRINTING
– There are two ways to print documents from the Portal website. The first is to simply click the Print
button on your browser. The second is to click the Text Only
option on the Portal Home Page. This will eliminate graphic images and reduce download time, which is sometimes preferred when printing web pages.ADOBE ACROBAT
– To make information available to the widest possible audience, some documents, forms or publications are formatted using Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF). To view these PDFs you must have Adobe’s Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. This is a free
software product that can be obtained online at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
.LINKS TO NON-COUNTY WEBSITES
– Some web pages contain links that will take you to information on websites that are not maintained by Los Angeles County and which may contain commercial advertising. Such links are identified with a warning to visitors that they are about to leave a County-maintained website; this warning further states that Los Angeles County does not endorse or support any of the advertising that may appear on the non-County site.
As you become familiar with navigating through one section of the Portal, you should find it easy to move about the other areas of this website. The Portal is filled with interesting facts and statistics on Los Angeles County, and useful information on the many County services available to you. Please take some time to explore the Los Angeles County Portal and enjoy!HOW TO USE
The Portal website is designed to provide the people who live, work and relax in the County of Los Angeles with convenient online access to information about the County and the community services it provides. Having access to several thousands of documents can be a bit overwhelming, but the Portal is organized and optimized to help you quickly locate the information you need.
The Portal is organized into three major areas of information:GENERAL INFORMATION
– Provides a menu listing of general, statistical and historical information about Los Angeles County with links to specific pages containing detailed information.SERVICES
– Provides a menu listing of available County services with links to the specific departmental pages that contain detailed information.BUSINESS
– Provides a menu listing of topics related to doing business with Los Angeles County with links to specific pages containing detailed information. Topics include purchasing and contract opportunities, vendor registration, etc.
The Portal Home Page also contains three areas that highlight breaking-news on County issues or services, links to new County websites, and quick access to the most commonly-needed resources:PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
– Provides the latest news on important County issues and community services.FEATURED LINKS
– Announces new County websites or highlights information being added to an existing website.QUICK RESOURCES
– Offers a listing with links to the most commonly-needed resources.
Look to the Portal navigation bars for access to standard functions and special features:TEXT ONLY
– Use this option to eliminate graphic images and view a text-based version of the Portal website; a desirable feature for those with special needs, or sometimes for faster printing.MOST REQUESTED
– Provides a menu listing of the most often requested information and services.SEARCH
– Enter a key word or phrase describing the information or service you want and search the entire Portal or just a specific area of the website to find this information.ADVANCED SEARCH
– Too many search results? Here you will find tips and examples for refining your search.ONLINE SERVICES
– Provides an alphabetical listing of County applications that allow you to request services or submit information electronically.FAQ
– A list of some of the most frequently asked questions and the answers to them.WHAT’S NEW
– Check here to learn about new information, functions or features being added to the Portal website.PUBLIC ALERTS
– Highlights information on topics of special interest to the Board of Supervisors.LANGUAGE
– In the future, you will be able to choose to view the Portal website in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog or Vietnamese.PRIVACY
– This is Los Angeles County’s Privacy Statement for the Portal website which addresses the collection and use of personal information.
The Portal offers still more special features to find information. See:INDEX
for an alphabetical listing of available County services.DEPARTMENTS
for an alphabetical listing of all County departments with links to the specific departmental website. Also included are links to County-Related, But Separate Agency websites.COMMISSIONS
for an alphabetical listing of all County commissions and committees with links to each specific website.MAPS
for a view of the Civic Center, Supervisorial Districts, or County boundaries.FORMS
for a listing of County forms that can either be downloaded or submitted online.PUBLICATIONS
for an alphabetical listing of County reports, brochures and other publications that are available online.
Did you know that you
are Los Angeles County’s most important resource? Your comments and suggestions are very important to us. Use the EMAIL
link in the Portal navigation bar to request assistance or just want tell us what you think of the website.TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
The Portal website is standardized to ensure usability by the widest audience possible. This includes people with vision, hearing or other impairments that would affect Internet access. Refer to ACCESSIBILITY
for additional information on compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).SCREEN RESOLUTION
– Pages are designed for best viewing with a monitor resolution of 800 x 600.BROWSER COMPATIBILITY
– The Portal is designed for best viewing using Internet Explorer 5.x or Netscape Navigator 6.x and above. Lower versions or other commonly used browsers will work, but may not display with optimal formatting.TEXT ONLY
– The Portal offers a Text Only
option, which eliminates graphics and the drop-down menu/navigation system. This option reduces download time (sometimes desirable for printing), and enhances viewing and navigation functions for the visually challenged.FONT SIZE
– This option will increase or enlarge the size of print on the Portal web pages; it does not increase the size of graphic images. Click on the Increase Font Size
link under the left menu bar on the Portal Home Page.ADOBE ACROBAT
– Certain documents, forms or publications are formatted using Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe’s free Acrobat Reader software must be installed on your computer in order to view or print these pages. To download Acrobat Reader go to: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Acrobat Reader is a self-configuring software. Questions regarding Acrobat issues should be directed to Adobe Customer Service, not the County Webmaster.COOKIES
– The Portal website will send a cookie
to your browser for the explicit purpose of retaining usability for the Text Only Version
or Increase Font Size
capabilities during your visit to the Portal. This cookie
expires in 30 minutes. The County does not collect and store any personal information through this process. Refer to Privacy
for additional information on Los Angeles County’s policy regarding the collection and use of personal information.