William S. Hart Museum
In 1921, silent film star William S. Hart purchased a ranch house and surrounding property in Newhall, north of Los Angeles. He built a 22-room mansion and filled it with Western art, Native American artifacts, and early Hollywood memorabilia. Hart bequeathed this 265-acre estate to Los Angeles County. The majority of the mansion’s rooms are open to the public, and tours and programs take place frequently.