Skip Content

Directory of Services & Information

Facilities and Services Reservations


Allows public to go online to make and pay for reservations at County facilities. Residents may access, review, schedule and reserve facilities and services, including swim lessons, picnic areas, RV park spaces, community rooms and conference quarters. 

Family Law

For information regarding matters in family law (divorce/dissolution, legal separation, annulment, paternity and related custody actions) in outlying areas, please contact your local superior court. Child support enforcement operations are based at Central Civil West Courthouse, 600 S. Commonwealth Avenue, 18th floor, Los Angeles, CA 90005.

Individuals seeking assistance in the preparation of various family law forms relating to support issues, paternity, answers to district attorney complaints, fee waiver applications and wage assignment orders may contact the Office of the Family Law Facilitator. The office staff will not give legal advice nor represent any parties in an action. The office provides the above services free of charge. Please contact your local office to make an appointment.

For the Central District: The Family Law Information line is (213) 974-5568. Office of the Family Law Facilitator: (213) 974-5004.

For Central Civil West: The Child Support Services Support Information line is (866) 901-3212. Office of the Family Law Facilitator: (213) 637-8470.

Farmers Markets, Certified

Agricultural Commissioner/Weights and Measures Department
Pest Exclusion & Produce Quality Bureau
11012 Garfield Ave., South Gate 90280
Phone (562) 622-0426
Fax: (562) 861-2828

Inspects and registers certified farmers markets and certified producers to ensure that the commodities sold are of the farmers’ production.

Fictitious Business Name Statement


(See FilmL.A., Inc.)

FilmL.A., Inc.

1201 W. 5th St.,  Ste. T-800, Los Angeles 90017
Phone (213) 977-8600
Fax: (213) 977-8610
Permit Fax: (213) 977-8601

Operates as regional one-stop film office for Los Angeles County and City.

Fire Department

Consolidated Fire Protection District
1320 N. Eastern Ave., Los Angeles 90063-3294
Phone (323) 881-2401

Serves the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County and 58 cities.

Provides 24-hour fire protection and life-safety services; the application and enforcement of appropriate codes and ordinances for the protection of life and property; and protects the public health and the environment from accidental releases of hazardous substances, storage, disposal of hazardous materials through a coordinated effort of inspections, emergency response enforcement and site mitigation.

Provides beach lifeguard services.

Fire Prevention Division
Fire Marshal - Inspections/Permits-
Phone (323) 890-4132

Building, Sprinkler, and Fire Alarm Plans Check-
Phone (323) 890-4125

Health Hazardous Materials Division
Public Health Licenses Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Materials -
Phone (323) 890-4045

Human Resources Division
Personnel Section -
Phone (323) 881-2431

Job Hotline -
Phone (323) 881-2308

Public Affairs Section
Public Information Office /Education Programs
Phone (323) 881-2411

Lifeguard Division Headquarters
Phone (310) 577-5700
Surf Conditions (310) 379-8471
Website: (For information and surf reports)

Catalina Island -
Phone (310) 510-0856 (Avalon)
Phone (310) 510-0341 (Isthmus)

Northern Section (Malibu) -
Phone (310) 457-2525

Training Section (Manhattan Beach) -
Phone (310) 939-7200

Southern Section (South Bay) -
Phone (310) 372-2166

Central Section (Santa Monica - Venice - Will Rogers) -
Phone (310) 394-3261

Fish and Game Commission

Rm. 383, Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 W. Temple St., Los Angeles 90012
Phone (213) 974-1431

Acts as an advisory board making recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and the State Fish and Game Warden as to the best method for the propagation and protection of fish and game in the State of California and Los Angeles County.

Provides propagation fund grants to groups and individuals for programs/projects, such as fishing excursions for disadvantaged children in the County, studies for the preservation of wildlife, and fisheries enhancement programs. Grant applications are available online and at the commission office.

Flood Control District

Public Works, Department of
  900 S. Fremont Ave., Alhambra 91803-1331
  Phone (626) 458-5100
Debris Flow/Mudslide Prevention Education
  Phone (800) 214-4020

Food Safety (including street food vendors)

Public Health, Department of
Environmental Health
5050 Commerce Dr., Baldwin Park 91706
Phone (626) 430-5250
24-Hour Hotline (888) 700-9995

Ensures that food is safe, wholesome and free of contamination by performing routine inspections and complaint investigations at more than 50,000 food facilities. Grades (A, B or C) restaurants and other retail food establishments after each inspection. Provides inspection results and restaurant closure information on website.

Food inspection program - Headquarters
Public Health, Department of
5050 Commerce Dr., Baldwin Park 91706
Phone (626) 430-5250
Fax: (626) 813-1444

Inspects retail food establishments (restaurants, markets, bakeries), pet food stores, and food vending at farmers markets, swap meets, carnivals, fairs, and other temporary events.

New and remodeled retail and wholesale food establishments must submit plans and undergo review and approval process prior to licensing. To get more information, call (626) 430-5560.


Phone: (626) 813-3346
Fax: (626) 814-9173

Antelope Valley
Phone: (661) 723-4533
Fax: (661) 948-9354

East Los Angeles
Phone: (323) 780-2272
Fax: (323) 260-5209

East Valley
Phone: (818) 557-4187
Fax: (818) 848-2336

Hollywood Wilshire
Phone: (213)-351-7893
Fax: (213) 351-2785

Phone: (310) 419-5358
Fax: (310) 680-0978

Phone: (818) 902-4460
Fax: (818) 902-4433

Phone: (213) 351-7895
Fax: (213) 351-2787

Phone: (213) 351-7892
Fax: (213) 351-2788

Phone: (562) 345-6800
Fax: (562) 409-5074

Santa Clarita
Phone: (661) 723-4533
Fax: (818) 902-4467

South Bay
Phone: (310) 519-6050
Fax: (310) 514-0170

Phone: (323) 235-7009
Fax: (323) 231-0029

Phone: (310) 665-8450
Fax: (310) 348-6402

West Covina
Phone: (626) 813-3380
Fax: (626) 813-3333

Food and Milk
Phone: (626) 430-5400
Fax: (626) 813-3017

Wholesale, manufacturing and distributing establishments and food caterers.

Food Stamps

(See Public Social Services, Department of)

Food-bourne Illness/Food Poisoning

Public Health, Department of
Phone (888) 397-3993 – Report suspected food-related illness.

Franchise Trash Collection And Recycling Services

Public Works, Department of
County Garbage Disposal Districts -
900 S. Fremont Ave., Alhambra 91803-1331
Phone (800) 993-5844

Fraud Hotline

Auditor-Controller, Department of
515 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 W. Temple St., Los Angeles 90012

To report suspected fraud or misconduct by County employees, contractors or vendors:
Phone toll-free: (800) 544-6861

To report suspected Workers’ Compensation fraud and abuse by County employee and providers:
Phone toll-free: (800) 544-6861

To report suspected fraud by County restaurant inspectors, restaurant owners and managers:
Phone toll-free: (800) 544-6861