Skip Content



What do I need to do to apply for a job with the County?

Information about job openings and procedures is available on the Department of Human Resources website at or by calling (800)970-5478.

How do I find out about specific regulations that have been enacted by the County?

Ordinances passed by the Board of Supervisors are available online at There is a search feature that will assist in locating specific topics. For information, phone (213) 974-1426.

I want to open a business. How do I file for a Fictitious Name Statement and a Business License?

You must obtain a fictitious name statement (commonly known as a DBA) from the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Office. For information, go to If you live in an unincorporated area of the County, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Diamond Bar, Malibu, Santa Clarita or Westlake Village, you should check with the County’s Business License Office to see if you need a license. Information is available at (213) 974-2011 or on the Treasurer-Tax Collector’s website at Look under Services, Business License. If your business is in one of the other 88 cities in the County, you should check with the local city hall. For a list of city hall phone numbers, go to

How do I find out the name of the owner of a particular property?

The Office of Assessor maintains the property assessment roll, which lists the assessee (normally the property owner). The roll may be inspected by the public at the main office or regional offices. For a list of the offices, go to the Assessor’s website at: You may also request this information by phone at (213) 974-3211 or by e-mail at

How do I find out why a lien was filed on my property?

Liens are created as a result of a lawsuit. Certified copies of judgments, which affect title to real property, may be recorded. The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk serves notification by mail to debtors when an involuntary lien is recorded against them. If you have received a copy of a lien and have questions, you must contact the person or agency that filed the lien. For further information, phone (562)462-2125 or go to